So You're Engaged ... Congratulations! What a FUN and Exciting time!
As you probably know, wedding trends come and go and when you're planning your wedding almost a year out, you should know what upcoming trends will be around when you wedding date actually arrives!
Stay current and check out what we beileve will be the newst, upcoming trends for your wedding!
Isn't nice to know you have Insider Secrets and can plan a wedding your guests will LOVE and be talking about for years to come?!
2014 Weddings Bridal Trends
By: Natalie Imhoff, CWP
Owner & Event Stylist of The Bridal Solution, llc.
While rustic chic seemed to be the bridal trend of 2013, the New Year marks a return to more elegant affairs. That means good-bye to DIY and a return to sophisticated décor.
Brides are beginning to think outside of the box, channeling their inner Martha Stewart when it comes to proper etiquette and traditions. And we couldn’t be more thrilled. A conversation starter, trends should fuel your creativity in an effort to find what works or you. The most memorable weddings are always a reflection of the bride and groom, so incorporate the trends that match your style and personality. Even if it’s a more formal event your guests should always feel comfortable and natural at your wedding.
Here’s what we predict 2014 will bring for brides-to-be around the country and right here in Mid Missouri. Happy Planning.
1. Tradition takes Center Stage – Weddings aren’t going back in time, but they are moving from casual to classic. Think “Weddings meet “Downton Abbey,” the popular PBS period drama set in the early to mid 1900’s where dinner means black tie attire for the men and women.
2. Intimate Weddings – Instead of inviting everyone they know to their weddings, brides are opting for smaller, more intimate celebrations. Wedding Brunches, which have been a hit on the East and West Coast, will also hit the Mid-West this year. These daytime events usually begin around 10:30 or 11:00 a.m. and last only a few hours. Sometimes the wedding occurs before the brunch, occasionally after. This event allows the couple to spend time that evening with their friends and out-of-town guests for a night on the town.
3. Catering – A Culinary Experience – Buffets will take a back seat this coming year to plated, portion-controlled styled faire. It’s all about appealing to “foodies,” where the food must taste as good as it looks. Food stations such as a sushi or mac-n-cheese bar will be a huge hit and brides will include wine pairings to compliment the cuisine.
4. Hashtag “ #Weddings” – It’s no coincidence that weddings will be more in tune to social media this year. In fact, it’s already happening. Brides are “branding” their weddings, incorporating hashtags and short videos on their big day allowing their guests to both follow and be a part of the action throughout the evening.
5. Doughnuts are the New Cupcake – Cupcakes will still be around for sure, but brides are beginning to mix it up with custom made wedding doughnuts, complete with monograms, colors and flavors matching the wedding cake. A Doughnut Bar with flavored icing, sprinkles and jelly allows guests to have fun creating their own concotion. Some brides hire a company to make the doughnuts on site in front of their guests. are even having the doughnuts made on site in front of their guests. This is a fun twist that your guests will be talking about for days to come! The Bridal Solution incorporates Doughnuts and other items within their “Signature Bar” selections.
6. Dueling Pianos – Make a splash by incorporating Dueling Pianos, the next best thing for bridal entertainment. Your guests will be sure to dance the night away to music that’s similar to using a DJ or live band. Bring out lounge furniture, add some lighting and make your guests feel they just entered a club for a night out on the town.
** All ideas and predictions are rights of The Bridal Solution
Enjoy your Wedding ... WOW your guests and LOVE every minute of it!
For more questions about upcoming trends or to inquire about wedding planning & styling services, please contact The Bridal Solution at firstname.lastname@example.org
Published in HER Magazine, December 2013 Issue
COLUMBIA, MISSOURI WEDDING PLANNING | COLUMBIA, MISSOURI EVENT PLANNING | COLUMBIA WEDDING COORDINATION | COLUMBIA, MISSOURI EVENT DESIGN
Natalie Imhoff, CWP
The Bridal Solution on Facebook
The Bridal Solution on Twitter